There are many good dog toys, some great ones, but only a few can be deemed as the best dog toys of all times. In this list, we collected the ones that had pets and parents jumping with joy – the ones with bright designs, bold fashions and a hefty deal of use value.
While some classics like the KONG Classic Dog Toy are unbeatable in every respect, newcomers such as the BarkBox can also cause a stir.
The list covers all aspects of playtime – from chew toys to intelligent kibble dispensers and all the way up to balls and ball launchers. Though we can’t help you decide which one to choose, we made the process significantly easier. Here are 10+ cool toys for dogs that will make your pooch happy like a puppy with two tails.
10+ Best Dog Toys of 2018
Often cited as the best dog toy available on the market, the KONG Classic Dog Toys has been on pet parents’ lips since 1980. An oldie but goodie, this dog toy functions as a chew, a treat dispenser and as an object to play fetch with.
Although most beneficial for pups who gulp kibble too quickly and for the ones who often find themselves at home without their parents, pets of any breed or size will quickly grow fond of the KONG Classic Dog Toy.
- Material: Made of super-durable plastic, this awesome dog toy often lasts for above a year – making it a great choice for pups who love to sink their teeth into anything that comes their way;
- Features: The KONG is the hands-down perfect toy for puppies out there. Just think about it – your canine can eat the contents; chew at the outer shell, and it’s great for fetching too.
We could praise odes about the bouncy, curvy shape or the vibrant red color, but we won’t. You’ll have to see it for yourself.
A hamburger! A duck! A pacifier! These are only a few of the items featuring in this thoughtfully selected, absolutely mind-blowing dog toy pack. Designed exclusively for teething puppies, this product by BUIBIIU will help to soothe your pup’s gums throughout the difficult phase.
- Material: The four ropes are made of non-toxic and safe material to keep your pup’s teeth clean, control plaque and tartar build-up and prevent gum disease – and of course, for your pup’s ultimate munching pleasure. The frisbee disc and the rubber flying desk will come handy at the next – and most intense to date – a game of fetch;
- Features: The stuffs inside are not only the coolest dog toys out there – they are also the perfect dog toys for pups who need to chew a lot. A wide range of exciting items for a small price – this is an awesome dog toy that will keep your pup busy for ages.
Thanks to its intelligent design, the Chuckit Flying Squirrel has become one of the top dog toys available. Its special features include the rectangular, slightly bending shape that enables you to throw it farther than most dog toys; the glow in the dark “paws” make it suitable for nighttime play.
- Material: extra-durable waterproof material for pooches who like to splash around in lakes or puddles;
- Features: The best bit? Unlike a toy or a frisbee, the Flying Squirrel follows a unique curve each time its thrown. Instead of falling straight to the ground like the rules of gravity would dictate, it hovers around in a downward spiral, slowly and steadily descending towards your pooch.
The Flying Squirrel is hailed by some as the best dog toy of all times – and only those who haven’t tried it would dare to disagree.
Looking for a complex, intellectually challenging game? Choose this awesome dog toy by Trixie! Specifically designed for pups passionate about solving mysteries, the Strategiespiel Gambling Tower encompasses six compartments that can keep your doggy wrecking their brains for hours.
Fill up each with different treats, leave some open, mix and match – it’s all up to you. The dog toy was conceived with whip-smart pups in mind.
- Material: The strong, durable plastic structure and the super-sticky base makes it impossible for them to knock it over – so not even the sagest stand a chance with pulling tricks;
- Features: The best dog toy for smaller and medium-sized canines, the Trixie Strategiespiel Gambling Tower will be an unceasing source of entertainment for your pooch.
#5 Wag Giggle Ball
The extra-thick, sturdy material, the eccentric shape of the ball and the super-sensitive squeakers make the Wag Giggle Ball one of the most popular dog toys ever created.
This is the perfect dog toy for pooches with busy parents – as the Giggle Ball will keep them entertained for hours without an end. Like catnip to cats – this item will be an endless source of fascination that will have pups asking for more.
- Material: Fit for manic chewers and calmer pups alike, the Giggle Ball is made of flexible and durable phthalate-free vinyl for safe play;
- Features: Your pet will appreciate the six clutch pockets that make the ball easy to hold onto, and the extra-strong internal tubes that squeak with every movement.
For an elevated game of hiding and seek, choose this awesome puppy toy by Outward Hound. The three plush squirrels can be hidden inside the trunk or used for a game of fetching, keeping your canine equally stimulated mentally and physically.
Fitted with super-loud, chunky squeaks, this product is an uber cool toy for dogs and entire dog families. Available in four sizes and various prototypes, choose between the Bee, Hedgie and Bird characters for versatility.
- Material: Made of supersoft, fluffy plush and with chew-worthy t-shirt rope, The Hide-A-Squirrel is a great toy for fun-loving pups of every breed and temper;
- Features: A fun-looking, eccentric set that’s easy to tidy up (put the squirrels back in the trunk once your dog finished), this item is a favorite amongst pets and parents alike.
#7 Smart Pet Love Snuggle Behavioral Aid
Pups tend to have a tough time getting accustomed to a new home. To avoid having to listen to the heartbreaking shrieks and cries of the youngest member of your family, it’s worth considering the SmartPet Golden Snuggle Behavioral Aid.
The Snuggle comes with a heart-shaped, pulsating part that will have the pooch snoozing in the bat of an eyelash; while the long-lasting heat packs will create the perfect illusion that your pup is sleeping next to a real friend. This is a safe dog toy for the pets who need care the most.
- Material: Designed to soothe the youngest puppies, the Smart Pet Love Snuggle is made of the softest plush;
- Feature: Put the heart-shaped battery and the heat pack into the extra soft, golden-colored furry pouch, let your puppy rest on it and watch them fall asleep right away. This is a great dog toy for the young and the needy – and they will be all the more grateful for it.
Did someone say the best dog toy ever? No need to search for the ultimate chew toy – this is the one. As to how it works – fill the ball with your pup’s favorite kibble to the brim and let them do the rest.
The Starmark Treat Ball works wonders on pups who chew too quickly, guiding them to space out their snacks in the day.
The extravagant design and exciting material will keep your dog entertained for good – even when you’re away.
- Material: The soft, squishy material and the adjustable dispenser make it the coolest dog toy out there;
- Feature: A brilliant puppy toy for any pooch who spends a lot of time at home on their own, the Omega Paw Ball is an excellent choice to keep your furry friend busy for good.
If it was up to dogs, you’d be playing fetching all the time. It takes willpower to say no to a pup giddy for exercise – but up until now, you had no choice. The good people behind the iFetch design their products for the pet and you – hence the release of this awesome toys for puppies.
No need to keep on playing with an arm that feels as though it might detach itself any minute from now – get your hands on this fun dog toy instead that does all the hard work for you.
- Material: The PetSafe comes with three, practically indestructible mini tennis balls. Install it wherever you like – the waterproof fabric will withstand any external condition, while the weight of the dog toy makes it easy to carry wherever it takes your fancy;
- Feature: Best fit for smaller and mid-sized pooches, this will be good fun for pets and pet parents alike.
Containing two tough toys, two bags of treats and two meaty chews, this box is a smorgasbord for pets with a serious appetite for textures. If you think your pup’s chewing is beyond hope, we have good news. BarkBox embarked on an impossible mission and came up with the perfect formula to satisfy your dog’s love for food.
For the best dog toy, hit the subscription button, get the Super x Chewer delivered to your doorstep and watch your pup get ecstatic as you open it.
- Material: A selection of the crunchiest and most chew-worthy toys, the Super x Chewer is a monthly extravaganza for the pooches whose appetite knows no limits;
- Features: Created by the manufacturer of the top puppy toys out there, this product by BarkBox won’t disappoint. In fact, it is so good you might find yourself (and your dog) craving for more.
Types of Toys for Dogs
Doggie toys have come a long way since the invention of the simplest, the ball. This list contains best interactive dog toys that can beat the most beloved item of all times.
For the manic chewers, there’s the Wag Giggle Ball, made of a sensationally sturdy, strong material. And let’s not forget the most interactive dog toy of them all: the BIUBIIU kit that incites every sensory faculty with an extraordinary selection of toys made of a wide range of different fabrics.
Can’t decide whether a toy rope would be better or a squeaky toy? Why not choose both.
You’ll find a million of indestructible dog toys in the Internet, but the only experience can tell whether they actually hold up to wear and tear.
The KONG Classic has been on the top of every pet parent’s wish list for this reason – users report that the extra-durable fabric can withhold the mighty powers of maniac chewers of all sizes and breeds.
The BarkBox Super x Chewer box is also a sage choice – the monthly subscription box will get you access to the hippest, lesser-known awesome dog toys and the tested and true, ever-popular products alike.
For safe play, you’ll want toys that won’t fall apart once your pup has their paw on them. Sturdy, super-strong plastic is your best option.
If your pup is of a calmer temper or a smaller breed, no material shall pose an obstacle. From the Omega Paw Tricky Treat Ball (made of a soft and squishy vinyl) to dog ropes (often made of cotton, nylon or fleece), only the sky’s the limit.
For variety, look no further than the BIUBIIU kit. For exciting texture and excellent design, we’d recommend the Outward Hound Hide-A-Squirrel and Puzzle Plush.
Designed specifically for smaller breeds, the iFetch Automatic Dog Ball Thrower provides enough exercise for those with a small size and an enormous zest. Another toy for small dog breeds is the Smart Pet Snuggle Behavioural Aid.
If you are looking for something eccentric and sensational, the Canine Hardware ChuckIt! Flying Squirrel might be the one that does the trick. Created with larger breeds in mind, this dog toy reinvents fetching.
Watch your dog chase the toy – and become mesmerized by the unpredictable movement with which it descends to the ground.
The coolest products out there by definition, a puzzle dog toy can keep your pup busy for longer than any other puppy toy out there. On the lookout for something more sophisticated – something that offers intellectual stimulation? Our features toys invite dogs to play a game of hiding and seek. Avid chewers’ and tug of war addicts’ galore.
If furry, soft and squishy dog toys just aren’t your thing, there’s also the Trixie Dog Strategiespiel Gambling Tower. Exclusively for the smartest boys – this dog toy will hit the soft spot with every trickster.
The best teething toys for puppies are made of durable fabric – and it’s vital that your puppy won’t swallow them by accident. There are some apocalyptic scenarios in store for the new pet parent, but inhaling a chew toy is by far the most dreaded of them all.
So make sure you choose the safe dog toys made of reliable, excellent quality materials – preferably chemical-free ones that won’t hurt your pet’s tummy if the worst does occur.
BIUBIIU does a great job when it comes to smart, silly-looking puppy toys for good value – and even if your pup should decide to go gaga on one, there’ll be a handful of others to choose from.
How to Clean Dog Toys?
Cleaning a dog toy is an absolute nightmare, except for some special cases. Luckily, we did include the such here. Take the KONG for instance. Even though you can stuff it with just about anything (your dog likes, that is), it is effortless to clean. Brush, sponge, toothbrush – whatever you have on hand, really – will suffice for the job.
As to the rest of this list, we are proud to say that they will age beautifully. The Chuckit! Flying Squirrel, the Wag Giggle Ball, and the Omega Paw Tricky Treat Ball can be just wiped off. All in all – your dog will love to bits every toy listed here- and so will you, knowing that they can’t make much of a mess.
Why do Dogs like Toys?
Playing dog toys isn’t not just for fun. Some train pups new skills – such as the Chuckit! Flying Squirrel, which can help to teach to catch things and become the unmatched champion of every game of fetching ever.
Others are crucial for pups growing new teeth – and for the faith of the furniture surrounding said puppies. And then, you have some that offer comfort they only wouldn’t be able to get otherwise.
Many chew toys on this list were designed for pooches suffering from separation anxiety. These can help with providing food in the right portions. What’s more, they keep your pup busy and high in the spirits while they’re left alone – and combat the boredom they’d have to endure.
Why My Doggie doesn’t Play with Toys?
Give them time! It does not always love at first sight – and often pups will play dog toys once they get used to what they look and sound like, and how they are used.
A good trick with chew toys and treat dispensers is to introduce them gradually – say, fill a KONG with peanut butter first and see how they handle the new and bewildering object that has just entered into their possession.
Sadly, not every toy works out – and depending on your pooch’s personality, the best dog toy can also end in a hidden box in the back of a closet.
What are the Best Toys for Dogs?
It’s impossible to predict which cool dog toys will make your pooch’s heart skip a beat. It’s best to try and test as many as you can – or failing that, listen to others’ advice.
Sometimes a dog will regard an utterly unexpected one as their ultimate favorite dog toy – and sometimes their choices will fit niche quite nicely (our featured toys for dogs have stolen many pup hearts in the past, just saying’).