The United States and Canada have very things in common, and the dog subscription box fever is no exception. If you plan to move, or already live in Canada, you can find cool options of Dog subscription boxes for Canadians pet parents so fortunately, your pooch won’t miss the fun.
Picking the right monthly dog box is always tricky no matter in which part of the world you are. To avoid all the hassle and unpleasant surprises, keep reading as we’ll show you the best Canadian dog subscription boxes around, what to expect and consider before you choose a Canadian monthly dog box that will make your dog fall in love.
9+ Best Canadian Monthly Dog Boxes (2018 & 2019)
Every dog crazy person makes new year promises to spoil a lot more its dog and what better way than a dog subscription box! here are the best Canadian subscription boxes 2019 that we handpicked for you:
With more than 2 million bark boxes delivered worldwide, great customer service and prices that are a steal, BarkBox is a top option for Canadian subscription boxes for dogs.
Barkbox Canada offers you having a monthly themed dog subscription box that includes: a chew, 2-3 all-natural tasty treats, and 2 great themed toys. If your dog doesn’t feel fond to its Canadian dog monthly subscription box, no worries, their honor badge system will indeed take care of the situation.
- Toys and treats are produced in Canadian and American soil;
- Honor badge system ensures 100% satisfaction to your pooch;
- Shipping to Canada is only $8
- Bark Box Canada deliveries can take a bit longer to arrive. from 8-12 business days.
- Price: Having your Bark Box will only cost $29 + $8 for shipping;
- Website: barkbox.com
Determined to be the number one Canadian monthly box subscription for dogs, Bowzer Box since 2014 has quickly turned in a reference of Canadian quality.
No matter how large or small your dog can be, Each Bowser Box includes a variety of handpicked 4-5 items such as full-sized toys and treats, samples, and coupons from various brands guaranteeing that will make your dog fall in love. If you got a chewer in the house, no worries, they have specialized products for every type of dog.
- High quality and uniqueness on each shipment;
- Flat shipping fee of $6/box, anywhere in Canada.
- Doesn’t offer a box specifically for the more sensitive pooches;
- Early cancellation fees of $10 (3 months) and $20 (6 months).
- Price: Single month subscription starts at $33 plus $6 per shipment;
- Website: bowzerbox.ca
#3 Bark n’ Fun
Bark’N Fun is an all-round dog subscription box in Canada that besides treats and toys, also features canine fashion, gadgets, food samples, hygiene, and even coupons or special offers from other local Small Business in Canada in your area.
A cool fact about Bark’N Fun is their payment options because besides regular credit cards they also accept PayPal. And if you order more than one box per shipping, you get a shipping discount of $5 per extra box.
- American and Canadian products;
- Great variety of products.
- Products aren’t guaranteed directly by the seller;
- Quiz only has 2 questions: size and gender.
- Price: Getting your BarknFun box starts from 39.99 plus $10 per delivered box, $5 shipping discount per extra box;
- Website: barknfun.ca
#4 Dog Bundles
If there is a way to describe the joy of delivering a subscription dog box is dog bundle. This company provides dogs with hand-selected treats and toys that match their personality and needs. To ensure that, they designed a very detailed profile quiz that covers every aspect of your dog, in order to maximize the experience of your joy bundle.
- Free shipping to the US and Canada;
- All products are made in the USA and Canada;
- If you forget to apply your discount coupon, you still have a week to redeem it.
- One of the most expensive dogs’ subscription box in Canada.
- Price: Considering how much you have to pay in shipping per delivery order on other subscription services, at $49 and free shipping, you can call it even;
- Website: dogbundles.ca
Woof pack offers one of the most great value subscription dog boxes ever in Canada. And don’t ever think that at $26,99 you’ll get cheapo stuff, no sir! Woof Pack are definitely serious about dogs, as every monthly box delivers top quality goodies, all and each of them tested, until they are dog approved for your pooch. One of the best subscription boxes that ships to Canada at no cost.
- 100% Canadian made treats;
- Strict quality control;
- Free shipping.
- Size and allergies are the only customizations available;
- They only have an hypoallergenic option: meatless.
- Price: Single month subscriptions are at $40 but can get lowered to $32 with the 12
- Website: woofpacks.ca
#6 Surprise Pawty
This Canadian monthly subscription dog box did provide a nice surprise at first glance. Each Surprise Pawty subscription box comes with 5-6 premium toys $50+ worth, paw-picked by experts based your dog’s profile. From toys and treats to accessories and essentials for grooming and health, definitely making Surprise Pawty a choice to consider.
- Very detailed profile quiz;
- A well rounded Canadian monthly subscription box that considers your dog’s welfare;
- American and Canadian made products;
- They accept PayPal.
- Very expensive shipping for deliveries to Canada at 14.99 per box/month;
- Canceling an order doesn’t provide refunds unless extreme circumstances.
- Price: Just $35 for the single month subscription and get this wonderful subscription box, saving up to 13% for the 6-month subscription. Shipping to Canada is pricey, at $14.99;
- Website: surprisepawty.com
#7 Dapper Dog Box
If you are a bandana lover the dapper dog will be your favorite subscription dog box. Each canadian monthly box subscriptions are valued at over $60 and includes: toys, USA made treats, and of course, a specially featured monthly bandana, along with other dog accessories.
- Great value for your money;
- Monthly themed Bandanas;
- A portion of the sales goes to shelters and rescue centers.
- Can’t customize further than size for your dog;
- longer subscriptions get billed in a single payment. Ouch!
- Price: Annual subscription can get as low as $25. Shipping to Canada comes at $4.99 Per Box/month;
- Website: thedapperdogbox.com
#8 Surprise My Pet
They should call SurpriseMyPetParents too! this family owned subscription box offers a whopping $35-$45 value on every free delivered box (yes, its free) only for $30 for the single month subscription! Surprisemypet box includes 5-7 quality products for dogs or cats, with the possibility of having a combined box so none of your pets gets out of the fun.
- Great value for your money;
- Toys and edibles are extensively tested to ensure they are hazard-free;
- Free shipping.
- Very basic customization.
- Price: Your SurpriseMyPet Canada box comes only at $30;
- Website: surprisemypet.com
Types of Canadian Dog Subscription Boxes
- Toys Only. You can turn your regular dog subscription box into a toy box in Canada at the same cost. Normally they add 1-2 extra toys to your current order, which is great If your dog is under a strict diet, or simply doesn’t like treats.
- Food. If your pooch has a lot of toys, is lazier or you simply love the treat but not the toys, you can ask to support center to change the toys for treats so you can have an extra stock of those tasty treats at no charge. Expect 2-3 extra treat to your regular delivery.
- Toys + Treats. The standard combination that both pooches and pet parents love. Canadian monthly subscription box by general will deliver you 2 toys, a chew, 2-3 bags of treats and this is for a start as each company brings their own additional touch of awesomeness with special toys, vitamins, costumes, and many more extra goodies.
Factors to Consider before Buying a Monthly Dog Box Canada
Subscribing to a Canadian monthly dog subscription box is always rewarding thanks to the great value and fun goodies they bring to your house. But before making your first purchase you must consider:
- The toys. Many Canadian box subscriptions bring many great and sturdy toys, especially those made by Bullymake and Super Chewer. However, even they can’t hold a chance against very powerful and aggressive chewers, who might need heavy chewer dog box made specifically for them.
- The treats. Rewarding and delicious, treats are a must for any pet parent that love to prize and spoil their pooches. Unfortunately, as allergies have become a prevalent problem for canines, unknowing the trigger ingredients inside any treat might cause severe health issues if your dog is very allergic to them.
- Your dog. Every Canadian subscription boxes really try to be the most tailor-made possible but not always fit like a glove with your dog. Allergies and chewer behavior aren’t easy to match and if your dog has a very specific condition it is more advisable to invest in your dog’s needs rather than getting committed with a service that won’t fulfill your pooch.
How to Choose a Subscription Box Your Pet Will Love
To ensure the success of a happy dog receiving its box you must first:
Know Your Pet. Dogs definitely have their share of personality and specific needs that make them the unique creatures we love. When you are deciding among several subscription boxes in Canada always consider whether your pet:
- Has food sensitivities or allergies. Always keep a record of your dog’s sensitivity and allergies before making any order. If you feel unsure, a visit with the vet will detect them.
- Likes wearing clothes and accessories. Some dogs might love that shirt and bow-tie you just put on them while others rather prefer their natural outfit. a quick test with an old t-shirt will answer that.
- Is a strong chewer. Anxiety, stress, or genetics, are the common reasons for a dog to be a chewer. if your dog fills the profile, always pick indestructible toys.
- Prefers toys or treats. Like people, some dogs find rewarding the challenge while others the reward itself, it all depends on your training and spoiling habits.
- Is active or laid-back. Young and active dogs always need enough stimulus to keep them on the move. On the other side, for laid-back or elderly canines, comfort is the key to happiness.
- Consider our top pet subscription boxes for Сanadians. Check out all these fun pet subscription boxes that we listed to find the best fit for your pet’s personality.
- Do Your Research. The next step is to take time to read customer reviews from fellow pet owners who have bought the boxes before.
How long does it take to get the dog subscription box from the United States to Canada?
The average international shipping takes 7-12 business days to get delivered because all Canada’s monthly boxes subscription companies have their scheduled shipping dates. Get in touch with them prior to any order if you need your subscription box at a specific date.