Selecting the right dog subscription box can be difficult, especially when there’s so many on the market (and then you have to consider various factors). In this article, we will explore a collection of monthly subscription boxes for dogs.
Here at BarkyMate, we follow clear criteria to determine the best dog subscription box. This includes taking into account: reputation, price, quality, delivery, and of course, content.
Keep reading below to discover how we select the best dog monthly subscription boxes that will make your pooch fall even more in love with you (if that’s possible)!
Our article includes the best dog treats subscription boxes, toys and treats subscription boxes, food subscription boxes, and accessories subscription boxes.
- Dog Treats & Toys Suscription Boxes;
- Dog Treats Suscription Boxes;
- Dog Food Suscription Boxes;
- Dog Accessories Suscription Boxes.
After all, if you’re reading this article, you most likely want the best for your furry friend. We promise this article will save you time from researching other brands, in addition to furthering your pet’s quality of life.
Best Dog Subscription Boxes with Monthly Delivery of 2018
To save you from reading the full list, BarkyMate has chosen their favorite subscription boxes from each category.
- Dog Toys and Treats Subscription Boxes: Our favorite subscription box goes out to none other than BarkBox. Each carefully curated box contains a collection of innovative treats, toys, and accessories, all centred around each month’s theme.
What’s more? If your furry friend doesn’t love the items, BarkBox will send them a free placement!
- Dog Treats Subscription Boxes: Drum roll for Bully Bundles! This USDA-approved company sells chemical-free, low-odor, all-natural bully sticks for your canine. Watch your dog work at this amazing treat! After all, a healthy dog is a happy dog!
- Dog Food Subscription Boxes: Hands down and paws up, the winner of this category is PetPlate! With their vet-designed, well-balanced, tasty meals, your best friend will never have to worry about the food they eat. Their meals even lead to improved digestion, healthy weight, less stress, and more energy!
- Dog Accessories Subscription Boxes: Last but not least, make some noise for Get Wagging! This company designs innovative and stylish dog collars every month. Once your next box arrives, you’re able to send back the previous collar from your last box using to the company, and they’ll donate it to a rescue dog!
Also, with prices starting from just $15 per month, we guarantee that this humane, exclusive, American-made company will make give your dog the fashionista look!
11+ Best Dog Treats & Toys Subscription Boxes
Selecting the type of treats and toys for your pup is pivotal. The key to achieving this is to look for the best quality you can afford. For instance, feeding your pooch high-quality food and giving them fun toys can have a significant impact on their health, happiness, and longevity.
High-quality food leads to better digestibility than lower quality foods. Therefore, if your four-legged friend is eating higher quality food, it gets transferred into nutrients, leading to more energy and better health. Additionally, ASPCA reports that pooches develop behavioral problems if they don’t have toys as outlets.
Here at BarkyMate, we’ve created a list which examines ‘The Best Toys and Treats Subscription Boxes for Your Dog’.
BarkBox is a monthly subscription box which includes innovative toys, and natural treats designed for your dog. The company provides different types of subscription boxes based on your pup’s size. We can’t praise them enough for their attention to detail and commitment to themes — it’s simply amazing.
- What’s Included? Arguably, BarkBox is the most popular dog subscription box. With a wide range of boxes, each BarkBox bundle includes: at least 2 toys, 2 bags of all-natural treats, and a chew toy which is based on a theme from each month. Sounds incredibly plentiful!
- Cost: Boxes start from $21 (dependent on subscription);
- Delivery: Currently, BarkBox only ships to continental US and Canada.
Created in 2014, Bullymake Box delivers only the highest quality and varied dog products you can find! Based on your pet’s size, weight or age, you’re able to choose from 4 different Bullymake Boxes. After selecting a subscription based on your dog’s needs, users can choose a subscription period: 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year.
That’s not all! Bullymake also offers 14 days guarantee for all stuff they ship to you. It is essential to mention that Bullymake is the best monthly dog box for heavy chewers (Labradors, Great Danes, Bull terriers, Rottweilers, and other breeds) but it’s also a great choice for puppies and small dogs..
Voted as ‘Best in the America’ by Fox Business, Pooch Perks provide users with customizable subscription boxes depending on their dog’s desires. For instance, this includes their size, allergies, and toys. The company also utilizes its monthly themes to ensure your best friend receives something new.
- What’s Included? Pooch Perks is very well-known for their subscription boxes. All their products are premium-quality, handpicked, and made in the US. Even more, each subscription box contains all-natural treats, alongside safe, customized toys for your pooches chewing needs. It’s definitely an enticing offer you should look into!
- Cost: The subscription boxes start from $27 per month (dependent on choice);
- Delivery: Pooch Perks only ships to continental US and Canada.
VetPet Box is a subscription box service for both dogs and cats. Curated by veterinarians, every box contains treats, toys, and wellness products which will surely make your four-legged friend fall head over heels for you.
- What’s Included? With a wide range to choose from, each box can be customized by selecting your dog’s size, chewing needs, allergies, and any further requests. Each month, the company delivers a box full of nutritious treats, premium treats, high quality accessories, and wellness products (e.g., shampoos, conditioning sprays) for your dog.
Moreover, they provide educational materials to help you further understand the importunateness of pet wellbeing. We’re also swooning over the brand’s ethos of donating a portion of their profits to nonprofit organizations once a year — extremely honorable.
- Cost: Prices range from $35 to $49 per month (dependent on dog type, size, and duration);
- Delivery: VetPet Box provides free shipping to continental US and Canada.
This organization aims to enrich the lives of all pooches by delivering the best dog-based products. Again, this company is very noble, donating $2 of every box order to the BISSELL Pet Foundation which assists in funding over 3,000 rescue organizations!
- What’s Included? Each box contains all-natural, allergy-free treats, carefully crafted dog toys, and artisanal accessories. Self-proclaimed as having the most customizable, convenient dog subscription box, all their treats are created by artisan producers in the US.
You can choose between the 4-5 items box for one pooch or the 5-7 items box for multiple dogs. Additionally, you’re able to customize your box to suit your canine’s dietary needs, toy preference, and box type.
- Cost: Starts from $29 a month (and more depending on the subscription);
- Delivery: PupJoy ships its products to the continental USA and Canada.
A monthly pup-based delivery box consisting of 5-7 delightful treats and toys. The family-owned company strives to create an open community of pet owners to enjoy their premium quality, specially crafted products. Surprise My Pet also supports pet-focused causes based on the subscriber.
- What’s Included? There are a variety of options to pick from as the organization takes into account: size, chewing type, allergies, and sensitivities.
Once you sign up with the company, you will receive a box once a month containing handpicked supplies, ranging from: bones, all-natural treats, grooming supplies, canine supplements, and safe toys for your little fur-baby. With all the treats and chews being made in the US, your furry friend will go barking mad over how incredible all the products are.
- Cost: Prices begin at $26 a month (and more depending on the duration of the subscription);
- Delivery: Ships worldwide from the US.
PetTreater offers three different subscription boxes based on your dog’s size and weight. All their delivered boxes are presented based on each month’s theme. Dog-lovers (alongside dogs) are thrilled to received premium items, including all-natural treats and toys.
Thinking of signing up for a monthly subscription box for your pup? Why not try Surprise Pawty? It’s all in the name, really.
Pet owners are able to select from 4 different options depending on their four-legged friend’s size/weight. The company has a clear focus on providing safe, healthy, high-quality products for your pooch. All their treats are all-natural, organic, and solely made in the US. Another benefit is that all products (i.e., chew toys) are carefully chosen to ensure they are effective.
- What’s Included? Each Surprise Pawty subscription box contains 5-6 items each month. This includes organic treats, chews, innovative toys, essentials (i.e., grooming products), and accessories. Curated by experts, you can be assured that the company will send you items to suit your fur-baby’s needs. We’d also like to mention that a portion of their profit goes towards dog-based non-profit organizations.
- Cost: Based on your subscription plan, prices start from $32 a month;
- Delivery: Ships to continental US and Canada.
ShaggySwag provides monthly, pup-based subscription boxes. The organization creates their boxes based on the 3 “Cs”: convenience, comfort, and connection. Moreover, they design, craft, and deliver essential and innovative dog products to make your four-legged friend extra happy. This includes treats and toys, all curated by experts in the field.
- What’s Included? Based on your dog’s size, every box contains interactive toys, nutritious treats (which is 100% sourced and made in the USA), all-natural grooming products, gorgeous accessories, and specially selected items depending on each month’s theme! All items you receive will be of the highest quality. An extra special incentive is that ShaggySwag supports the worthwhile cause, Badass Brooklyn Animal Shelters.
- Cost: Based on your dog’s needs, prices begin at $25 per month;
- Delivery: Currently, ShaggySwag only ships within the United States. Don’t worry though, they will be adding Canada, Mexico, and other countries shortly!
This dog monthly subscription box sends out scrumptious treats, playful toys, and wonderful accessories which are tailored to your pooch’s size and chewing needs.
- What’s Included? Each box contains 5 high-end brand items both you and your dog will love. For instance, this includes: personalized, healthy treats, fun toys, and accessories (e.g., bandana and bowties). Did we mention the treats are 100% locally sourced and made in the USA? Well, it is.
The Dapper Dog Box also donates a portion of each box sold to rescue shelters — which is extremely admirable.
- Cost: Prices start at $22 a month, based on subscription length. However, we’d like to stress that all subscription boxes have a package value of over $65! It’s definitely worth some serious consideration.
- Delivery: Ships worldwide from the USA. Oh, and guess what? It’s free!
Under The Gift Box, the subsidiary offers users with the choice to select between the dog-based ‘Pet GiftBox’ or ‘PawPack’. The organization also supports a range of charities, such as Pets for Patriots, Family Reach, and Music Drives Us.
- What’s Included? Every PetGiftBoxes and PawPack contain 5-6 premium items, including: all-natural, nutritious treats (sourced in the US), durable chew toys, and unsurpassed accessories. It’s also important to note that each monthly box has a theme to delight both you and your pet. You can be assured that the brand offers only the best and innovative products for your doggie!
- Cost: Prices start from $24.99 a month, dependent on the duration of your subscription.
- Delivery: Free shipping to anywhere within continental USA!
2+ Best Dog Treats Subscription Boxes
Being the owner of a dog is a huge responsibility. You always want to make sure they’re happy, healthy, and full of love. What’s a simple and efficient way to meet these demands? Well, the latest development and revelation is pet subscription boxes. Each month, pup owners can pay for a subscription service to receive goodies for their pet, which is delivered to their home address at the start of every month.
A poor quality dog food can cause skin irritation, hot spots, runny eyes, and overall poor health. Thus, we’ve listed different pooch treat subscription boxes to ensure that your best friend will stay healthy, fit, and have the energy to keep on showing its affection. Read below to discover the best subscription to shower your dog with love and gifts.
As the name suggests, Bully Bundles is a monthly subscription box for dogs which specializes in Bully Sticks. Each USDA approved 6″ and 12” stick is carefully selected and contains absolutely zero preservatives or chemicals (which is fantastic as your pooch is receiving an amazing treat).
- What’s Included? Bully Bundles allows you to choose between 6, 10, 15, 30, or 60 bully sticks per month. These tasty treats originate from a natural, free-range, and grass-fed Brazilian cattle (quite a mouthful). You and your four-legged friend will instantly fall in love with this tug-of-war treat due to its delectable flavor and low odor. A win-win situation;
- Cost: The starting price for a subscription box is $17;
- Delivery: Ships worldwide from the United States.
A new, gourmet bakery subscription box which provides the healthiest dog treats. Each box offers the finest of baked pooch goods!
- What’s Included? All Binky & Oliver bakery boxes are crafted from simple, healthy, and organic ingredients, meaning it’s free from preservatives! Created locally in small batches, all users who’ve signed up will receive an assortment of well-prepared treats.
But that’s not all! Each will be given an extra special treat (tailored just for them). Users can choose between a Bite Size Box, Mid-Size Munchie Box, and Barkers Bakery Box – therefore, you get to choose the best for your pup!
- Cost: Monthly subscription boxes start from $12.95 and more (depending on your choice);
- Delivery: Ships worldwide from the United States.
4+ Best Dog Food Subscription Boxes
Choosing the type of dog-food subscription box is significant. For instance, feeding your pup low-quality food can result in some health problems, including itchy skin, skin rashes, poor coat, and a weaker immune system.
In contrast, picking the best doggie food-based subscription box can improve your friend’s digestion, maintain a healthy weight, and improve their energy! Therefore, to save you from worrying, BarkyMate has handpicked the most robust and nutritious food-subscription boxes for your pooch – we guarantee they will receive the best. We can also assure you that in return, they will love you twice as much.
After all, who wouldn’t want the best? Read below to find out what the best subscription boxes are for you and your best friend.
PetPlate is a time saver. The company’s subscription boxes deliver ready-to-eat meals for your canine. You might be thinking, “Does ready-to-eat mean it’s days old?” Nope – all meals are made with USDA meat, fresh fruit, and fresh vegetables. These ingredients pack a punch as they provide the essential nutrients for your dog’s diet. What more could you want?
Fun fact: 3 out of 4 dogs prefer PetPlate meals over the leading fresh dog food. Sounds like your dog’s kind of food!
- What’s Included? The company provides users with a menu offering healthy, tasty, and convenient food for your dog. Depending on the pooch’s weight and size, PetPlate will recommend the perfect food plan for you! An even more amazing incentive is that each box provides enough food to last until the next one! It’s two paws up from us!
- Cost: Dependent on your plan, boxes start from as low as $3 per day!
- Delivery: PetPlate only delivers to the USA.
Want the freshest food for your dog? Look no further than NomNomNow! Featured on Forbes and People magazine, this fantastic subscription box provides your fur-baby with cooked food – made from all-natural, fresh ingredients! Formulated by the veterinarian, Dr. Justin Shmalberg, the company offers promises your dog marvelous tasty meal with the convenience of delivering to your doorstep.
This marvelous and science-fanatic company offers your dog a fantastic monthly subscription box! All their food are 100% all-natural, healthy, and scrumptious — tailored with your special canine in mind. Cooked in small batches, the company delivers to your door at a regular schedule. Ollie also donates 1% of their revenue to shelters and rescues!
Ready. Set. Drool. A great dog-based service which delivers the most amazing, balanced, freshly made food – all crafted with lovely simple recipes, and a touch of science. All their ingredients are classified as human-grade USDA, meaning all the nutrients are all-natural!
- What’s Included? Every package is customized to your pup’s needs, ranging from size, sex, weight, and diet – what’s more impressive is that the pre-portions are developed by veterinary nutritionists. Additionally, the brand proudly complies with AAFCO standards to offer subscribers the best meals. These meal plans can include various protein recipes, such as turkey, beef, and pork.
Overall, their vet-developed service offers access to nutritious, home-made meals, giving your four-legged friend a multitude of health benefits. Clearly, you will see a difference in your canine’s health and happiness!
- Cost: Starting from less than $3 a day for smaller dogs (and upwards depending on your pup’s needs);
- Delivery: Free shipping and delivery to the continental USA.
4+ Best Dog Accessories Subscription Boxes
You know, man’s best friend loves gifts — just as much as we do. There is a diverse range of monthly dog subscription boxes that will deliver dazzling accessories for your furry friend. These include clothes, collars, secret gifts, seasonal themed goodies, and more! They’re gorgeous and extremely beneficial for your one and only.
BarkyMate has narrowed down the best dog accessories subscription boxes to save you time from doing the research. Check out these four totally howling gift boxes for your snuffly nosed pet! We guarantee all these boxes will fill both you and your cuddly buds heart with pure delight, all year long.
Do you consider your dog a fashionista? Maybe it’s never crossed your mind before. Nevertheless, all pups deserve the best and most beautiful accessories.
Get Wagging provides users with a unique and alternative box – it’s highly different from the subscription boxes which offer your fur-baby a collection of treats, toys and other products. The company offers a monthly subscription box to provide your pooch with the latest and most fashionable collars.
- What’s Included? Each month, Get Wagging will deliver to your door a seasonal-themed dog collar for your furry family. You can personalize your box depending on your dog’s size, gender, and collar type. There are two subscription options; the first is the Collar Club (which offers 1 collar) and the second is The Haute Dog (providing 1 collar and 1 leash).
The brand promises to offer exclusive designs. An amazing extra incentive is that when your new monthly box arrives, you can return your pup’s used collar to the company who will then send the gently-worn collar to a rescue dog!
- Cost: Each box is priced at $20 a month;
- Delivery: All boxes are shipped worldwide from the United States. There’s also a free 2-way shipping for USA addresses.
J.B. Wagger provides your lovely doggie with monthly, premium-quality items, including stylish collars, optimal accessories and a surprise gift. All the items inside the beautifully packed boxes will allow your gorgeous friend to look their best. You never have to worry again about your pup’s style as J.B. Wagger will prepare them for every season and holiday!
- What’s included? Subscribers can choose between monthly or quarterly deliveries. Each box is tailored to your pup, based on their gender, size, accessory needs, and a charity of your choice! Every subscription delivered contains one preselected collar, optional accessories, and a special surprise just for your four-legged friend! All with the convenience of being delivered straight to your door at the beginning of every month!
Additionally, J.B. Wagger offers single collars and leashes to purchase in their Collar & Lease shop. The company also donates a whopping 20% of their profits to a charity of your choice!
- Cost: A box is only $19 a month. Hurry now!
- Delivery: Ships worldwide from the United States. If you’re from the US, your shipping is free!
A creative, monthly subscription service which delivers fantastic goodies to your pet, alongside a personalized image of them! Just send a photo or hand-drawn illustration of your dog and Peture Perfect will do the rest. Packed exceedingly well and containing entertaining content, the team will provide you and your dog with fabulous items.
Their service is also second to none, having received rave reviews from all their loving customers. With a winning combination of good design and humor, we know your canine will love the box just as much as you love them!
- What’s Included? Each month, subscribers of Peture Perfect will receive various items – this includes the main item which features your pet on a mug, coaster or canvas notebook. Additionally, you will receive a pet milestone card and doggy treat recipe card. July’s box even contained a drawstring bag for catnip alongside the other features!
All these items are designed by a veteran artist with over 20 years of experience. Additionally, curated by animal lovers, the box is just as gorgeous which contains extra goodies. We’re already hooked on the package!
- Cost: Only $13.99 a month!
- Delivery: Peture Perfect ships worldwide from the UK at just $3 per month.
Launched in 2014, this adorable monthly subscription box service promises to pamper both you and your furry friend with high-quality accessories and all-natural treat samplers. However, Bark & Beads Boutique are especially skilled in crafting fantastic, reversible over-the-collar bandanas so both you and your pooch will have double the fun.
They also donate a minimum of $5 from their total sales to charities and local pet rescues!
- What’s Included? Each box features a new design based on the month’s theme. Additionally, there are five subscription boxes to choose from. These include the Multi-Dog SwagBag (containing two bandanas and one treat pouch), and the Barks Bandana SwagBag (which consists of the bandana of the month along with all-natural, tasty samples from their partner, Beaver Dam Dog Treats).
The company also has a Barks line which includes their triple-stitched designer collars, and fun, sturdy toys. Surely it’ll brighten and liven up your pup’s playful day!
- Cost: Prices start from only $8 a month for smaller dogs (and upwards depending on your pooch’s needs);
- Delivery: Shipping is $3 per month to anywhere in the continental USA.
How to Select the Best Monthly Subscription Boxes for Dogs?
At BarkyMate, we believe every dog deserves the best. Therefore, we’ve created a magnificent list which looks at the best monthly boxes for your dog. After all, every canine should have access to playful chew toys, beautiful grooming items, and nutritious treats.
When selecting a monthly dog subscription box, it’s important to consider these factors:
- Dog size: Most monthly dog boxes provide you with the option to customize your box based on your dog’s size, ranging from extra-small to large;
- Treats and more: Many monthly dog boxes provide all-natural, organic treats, durable toys, and beautiful accessories — all packed with the utmost care;
- Customisation: There is an array of personalization options to choose from when selecting a pet subscription box. The services factor in size, gender, chewing needs, allergies, and more! Normally, the more customizations you have, the pricer it will be;
- Subscription Length: All dog subscription boxes offer users discounts when they apply for several months subscription. Some may ask you to pay for more depending on the number of months you commit to. However, it is highly dependent on the company (please remember to check the website or email them if you have specific enquiries);
- Origin of Ingredients: A majority of the subscription boxes for your four-legged friend are locally sourced in the USA. Additionally, they promise that nothing ever comes from China. In this guide, we have taken into account this factor, ensuring that all the treats are all-natural and made in the USA.
What is a Dog Subscription Box?
Dog subscription boxes are the biggest raves nowadays. But what exactly are they? What do they provide?
There is a wide range of dog-based subscription boxes. Many of them specialize in organic, natural treats, durable toys, useful accessories, and other extra goodies! A lot of these monthly boxes are curated by accredited veterinarians who, just like you, only want the best for dogs! Whatever you’re looking for, we can assure you that there is a monthly box awaiting both you and your four-legged friend.
Delivered to your doorstep, your furry friend’s box will contain a collection of incredible, innovative items that will not only benefit their health but also increase their happiness!